After the launch of iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus, where Apple removed the headphone jack, the brand has been majorly responsible for the growth of Wireless Headphones in the market.
In the year 2017, it was reported that Wireless Headphones sales have surged over 300% since the launch of iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus.
This is the reason why Wireless Headphones have risen in popularity, and if you own one and are wondering “Can You Use Bluetooth Headphones on a Laptop?” then you’ve landed on the right page.
Moreover, the decision from Apple has led other major smartphone manufacturing brands like Google, Motorola, Oneplus, Xiaomi and others to drop headphone jack from their top-tier smartphones.
With this guide, I will help you figure out, how to connect Bluetooth Headset to your laptop on both Windows and Mac computer.
Are you ready?
Let’s get started!
- 1 Bluetooth Headphones Paired With Your Laptop
- 2 How to Connect Bluetooth Headphones to Laptop?
- 3 The Other Case: Laptop without Bluetooth
- 4 Conclusion
Bluetooth Headphones Paired With Your Laptop
Almost all laptops these days come with Bluetooth, and it has been going on since the last 8-10 years, and Bluetooth is provided in laptops as a must-have connectivity option.
If you want to know, if your laptop comes with Bluetooth, then I suggest following the steps mentioned below:
Step 1: Check with Device Manager
In case for some reason, you can’t see Bluetooth Radio, or you get confused in the steps mentioned above, then follow the next step.
- If you’re using Windows 10, then search for ‘Device Manager’ in Taskbar
- It displays a list of all components included or connected to your laptop
- Check if you can see ‘Bluetooth Radio’ in the list or expand ‘Network Adapters’
- If it’s present then Congratulations! Your laptop has Bluetooth
For Mac users, almost all MacBooks come with Bluetooth; however, to be 100% sure, just visit System Preferences and check for Bluetooth option
Step 2: Check Laptop’s Specifications
If you’re not sure of your laptop’s model number, then reverse your laptop; and on its base, you can see sticker that displays laptop’s vital information like Model Number, Serial Number, Bar Code, Product ID, Laptop series and so on like seen in the image below.
Not all laptops sticker will look the same, it varies from brand to brand and series to series, but technically laptop’s series name and model name will be present.
Once you have that, you can now check your laptop’s specifications by either Googling or visiting the manufacturer’s website.
Once you know that your laptop has Bluetooth, you can follow the steps below.
For some rare cases, your laptop doesn’t have Bluetooth; then you can jump to this section.
How to Connect Bluetooth Headphones to Laptop?
I’ve divided this section into two parts: Windows and Mac
Check the parts according to your requirements
Pairing Bluetooth Headphones to Laptop on Windows
- Search for ‘Bluetooth’ in Taskbar Search Bar and open the Bluetooth Settings
- Turn On Bluetooth in the settings and simultaneously start your Bluetooth/Wireless Headphone
- Most Wireless/Bluetooth headphones automatically go into pairing mode when turned on. If not, then set it to Pairing mode
- Within few seconds, your laptop will detect and display your Wireless Headphone’s name
- Select it and start the connection
- Voila, your question of Can I connect Bluetooth Headphones on a Laptop is solved (at least for Windows)
Pairing Bluetooth Headphones to Laptop on Mac OS
- Open System Preferences on your Macbook and open Bluetooth Settings
- Otherwise, you can tap “Command + Space” keys and open Spotlight Search. Type Bluetooth and hit enter, it will open Bluetooth Settings too
- Opening Bluetooth Settings Turn On Bluetooth manually and the laptop will begin searching for Bluetooth Devices
- Turn On your Bluetooth Headphone too and wait until your Macbook detects your Bluetooth Headphone
Congratulations, if you followed the above steps to the T, you can Connect Bluetooth Headphones to Laptop with ease.
The Other Case: Laptop without Bluetooth
For some reasons; if your laptop doesn’t have Bluetooth and you want to connect Bluetooth Headphones to PC, then don’t worry and follow the steps that I’ve mentioned below.
There are various cheap Bluetooth Adapters available on Amazon.com for less than $10 that will help you in Pairing Bluetooth Headphones to PC; however, the problem with such adapters is, they are of cheap quality and do not offer good sound quality.
Another option here is to get a High-Quality Bluetooth Transmitter/Receiver, which is primarily meant for connecting Bluetooth Headphone to TV; however, you can use it to connect Bluetooth/Wireless Headphones to your TV or laptop.
They offer aptX technology with low latency that prevents your audio from getting highly compressed and doesn’t lag.
Basically, the Bluetooth Transmitter/Receiver I mentioned will allow you to transmit music over Bluetooth in High Quality
How to Connect Laptop to Bluetooth Headphones with Bluetooth Transmitter/Receiver
- Connect the Bluetooth Transmitter/Receiver to your PC via the provided AUX cable
- Turn on the Bluetooth Transmitter/Receiver and set it to TX (Transmitter) Mode
- Turn on your Bluetooth Headphone and wait for the Transmitter and your Bluetooth Headphone to pair themselves
- Before pairing, the LEDs on both Bluetooth devices will blink rapidly, while once paired the LEDs will blink after 3-5 seconds
- Once that is done, play music on your laptop/PC to check if it’s working properly
I hope with this article, I was able to answer your question of ‘Can You Use Bluetooth Headphones on a Laptop?’
If it did, then please don’t forget to leave a valuable comment in the comment section below.
Also, make sure to share this article on social media sites like Facebook and Twitter too.